Hair Restoration with PRP
What is PRP?
One effective way to fight hair loss is through a PRP (platelet-rich plasma) treatment. PRP hair restoration is a nonsurgical treatment for hair loss. Platelet-rich plasma uses your own platelet-rich blood to help stimulate new growth.
- The platelet-rich blood is drawn from the patient
- Plasma is separated in a centrifuge
- The injection is then positioned into the various locations around the scalp that are being targeted, usually directly into the hair follicles
The special, micro needle is extremely thin and the great majority of our patients report little to no pain. The blood is drawn from the patient’s own body, so you can feel confident in no risk of complication or rejection.
Researchers have found that high concentrations of platelets in plasma cells help promote hair growth by prolonging the growing phase of the hair cycle.
What is Hair Restoration with PRP?
Hair restoration with PRP is most often a slow and gradual process, as new hair growth is stimulated. Generally, results will be noticeable after the first two or three months. It is common to have hair growth be most noticeable around six months.
PRP for hair restoration can produce great results as a stand-alone treatment, but based on your hair growth, it is usually recommended in conjunction with other hair loss techniques.
You may need more than one treatment to keep the hair growing.
Benefits of Hair Restoration with PRP
The good news is that PRP for hair loss involves no surgery and minimal downtime. Results are reliable and natural as your body works to stimulate new growth.
Other benefits include:
- Ability to target certain areas of concern
- Out-patient procedure
- Minimal downtime
- No need for transplant or other complicated surgeries
- Growth is stimulated by your own body
- Injections are relatively pain-free
- Natural results over time
- Effects last up to 18 months in an average with a maximum of 2 years
- Only need a simple re-touch once a year to continue to keep the hair growth
We Can Help
During your consultation, we will help assess your condition and evaluate your hair loss. Our recommendations are best done in person as we talk about your concerns and desired outcomes.
PRP is suggested for:
- Both men and women
- Those with slight to moderate hair loss
- If you start to notice thinning
- Those who want to prevent future baldness
- Helping you regain confidence